Friday, July 6, 2012

Priorities

What are your voting priorities?

After listening to the litany of issues that have made the news cycles in recent months, I created a cheat sheet for prioritization of issues that are important to me and will help decide how I vote.

Obviously, politicians want you to feel singled out by and vote on a singular issue (good strategy, divide and conquer).  However, by prioritizing things that are important to you, you won't get sidetracked on an issue of relatively low importance or low impact just because it has an emotional appeal.  Below are the key issues I see being discussed in this campaign and my short take on each one:


Many of these issues are connected (like creating Jobs will improve housing so housing is lower on my list).  Also, I think Education is an incredibly important issue.  However, I do not believe federal government policies on education matter much compared to states and localities so it is lower on my list.

Ultimately, in my mind, the President who can focus on employment/growth and make significant improvements to our long term debt outlook (entitlement reform) will have greatly succeeded in moving us toward long term prosperity and away from the path of Europe.

Our current President has chosen to completely ignore the top 4 priorities in our nation and has made a mess of 5) Taxes 6) Energy and 7) Health Care.  I urge you all to make a similar list to help you decide what issues are the most critical to you and make sure that you are voting for the candidate that is willing to address SEVERAL of your most important issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment